As an employer of choice, ERGO Insurance Pte. Ltd. is constantly looking for high-calibre talent. We believe in growing with employees who are enterprising and dynamic. You will be provided with ample opportunities for personal growth and a competitive remuneration package. As part of the ERGO family, we believe in keeping every employee motivated with individual skills development and constant career advancement. If you are looking to join us during our exciting growth, we want to hear from you. Email your resume to email@example.com.
ERGO Insurance Pte Ltd is ERGO Group’s subsidiary in Singapore. ERGO is one of the major insurance groups in Germany and Europe. Worldwide, it is represented in 30 countries and concentrates on Europe and Asia. ERGO is the primary insurance arm of Munich Re Group, one of the world’s leading risk carriers.
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual to join us as Compliance Officer. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute strategically to the company’s transformation.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in compliance, preferably in the insurance / reinsurance / financial services industry.
- Understanding of compliance requirements in the insurance / reinsurance sector.
- Strong knowledge of the Insurance Act, General Insurance Association of Singapore‘s guidelines, MAS related notices and guidelines, and related legislations.
- Mature and independent worker with very good stakeholder management capability.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively at all levels and across functions.
- A qualified lawyer, or non-qualified lawyer with proven legal background, with experience in a financial servies or law firm would be preferred.
The successful applicant will:
- Manage the company’s compliance and data protection function.
- Develop, implement and maintain a Compliance Management System as defined by ERGO Group. Ensure adequate organisational measures for relevant compliance topics such as IT compliance, Outsourcing, Data Protection, Anti-money Laundering / Countering of Financing of Terrorism, Bribery and Corruption, Fraud, Anti-Discrimination, Sales Compliance, Anti-Trust and Competition Law.
- Identify, assess, monitor and report compliance risks of the company.
- Develop a Compliance Plan based on the Compliance Risk Assessment.
- Ensure the company’s data protection obligations are met and monitored.
- Establish and implement compliance policies which are consistent with local regulations and ERGO Group‘s policies.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Code of Conduct.
- Provide compliance oversight and monitoring to assist stakeholders to comply with legislative and other requirements.
- Provide and/or co-ordinate compliance training to management and staff.
- Prepare compliance reports for management, Risk Committee and Group Compliance to ensure appropriate transparency and information flow.
- Interact regularly with ERGO Group‘s Regional Compliance Manager. Implement minimum standards defined by Group Compliance.
- Assist with complaint investigation, when necessary.
- Maintain accurate statutory registers.
- If legally qualified, draft, review and negotiate legal documents and commercial contracts.